ABOUT US

Sunoco Energy Services is committed to providing the highest quality petroleum fuels, lubricants, and services to the drilling and exploration industry. We serve as a single-source fueling and lubricant solution across Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Louisiana. Over the last five years, Sunoco Energy Services has experienced exciting growth to meet market demand. We are a medium-sized company, large enough to meet your needs but small enough to provide you with personal service. We deliver fuel and lubricants to you on time, every time. Our prices are competitive and our service is second to none.

HISTORY

Gainesville Fuel

New_Logo_JPGGainesville Fuel, Inc. was originally formed as Gainesville Butane Company when four brothers from Era, Texas, went into the propane business together. They bought one truck and drove it ninety miles to Maysville, Oklahoma, each day to purchase fuel. When they began the business, there was no storage facility and the company operated out of a hotel room in Gainesville. Charles “Charlie” Enderby eventually bought out his brothers and became the sole owner and manager of the business.

In 1963, the company moved to its current location in Gainesville, TX. The propane company sold fuel to drilling rigs and families for their homes. In the 1970s, the drilling industry began using diesel to power their rigs and Charlie saw an opportunity to move into the diesel business. He began a company named “Bill’s Fuel” which later merged with Gainesville Butane to form Gainesville Fuel, Inc. Charlie’s two children, Bill and Franki, eventually joined him in the business until Charlie passed away in 2004. The propane company was sold that same year, leaving Bill and Franki to focus solely on the diesel business.

In 2013, Gainesville Fuel was purchased by Susser Energy Services out of Houston, TX. In 2014, Susser Energy Services was purchased by Sunoco LP.

On April 1st, 2015 Sunoco Energy Services was born and we are actively making the necessary filings to convert all of our platforms over to a single entity.

 

T&C Wholesale

TCW Logo

F. J. Shelton (known as Shot) started Shelton Motor Company in 1949 in Mertzon, Texas. In the 1950’s, Shot and his son, Burney, developed the company into Shelton Oil and Gas, a local fuel distributor. This local fuel distributor sold fuel, lubricates, and propane to a wide variety of customers to include ranches, farms, residential homes, oil and gas, and manufacturing. Together, they built their first convenience store in the early 1980’s and continued to build 11 different stores located in West Texas.

In October 2006, Town and Country Food Stores purchased Shelton Oil and Gas. The convenience stores were separated out and operated under the Town and Country Food Stores name. The fuel distributor operated under the name of T&C Wholesale with offices in Mertzon and Ozona, Texas.

In November 2007, Susser Petroleum purchased T&C Wholesale. T&C Wholesale went on to grow its gallons sold and customer base.

In August 2014, Energy Transfer Partners purchased all of Susser Petroleum including T&C Wholesale. T&C Wholesale continued to increase sales and changed its name to Sunoco Energy Services to strengthen the brand and provide its customers better value.